Driven to distraction by Apple dropping Save As... from its app menus? The over complicated Versions function is absolutely not the answer? After 2 years, or is it 3, of irritation I have found the extremely simple! way to permanently bring back Save As... to its proper menu place.
1. Open System Preferences
2. Click Keyboard, then the Shortcuts tab
3. Click App Shortcuts
4. Click + to add a new shortcut
5. In the dialogue box, select All applications or just the one you want to fix
6. Menu title must be exactly as here: Save As...
Note the three stops, and no space after As
7. Type a keyboard shortcut - for Save As... I used Alt-s , I thought memorable
8. Then just close the box, and like magic, Save As... appears in its rightful file menu place. And you can use your keyboard shortcut too.
I can't believe how long I've spent awkwardly holding down Alt while clicking File in order to be offered Save As... . So simple.