First, simply connect your iPhone to your computer (maybe you can also use WiFi, but I don't).
Using Image Capture
- Open up Image Capture.
- Your iPhone will appear under Devices and you'll get a list of thumbnails in the window (omg, what a lot of images I've got there!)
- Set the folder to Import to in the usual way
- Select the images to be imported
- If you want to delete them from the iPhone, you need to select them all, cmd-a, or those you want. Once imported, you have the option of deleting them from the phone.
- Open up Preview
- > File > Import from iPhone
- Thumbnails of your images appear.
- Select those to be imported, or Import all
- Click Import
- You can then select the folder to import to
- And also choose to delete the selected images from the iPhone.
- The imported images open up in Preview.
- There you can delete selected images (cmd-backspace sends them to the trash)
- Or edit them, using > Tools > Adjust colour or > Adjust size.
- Adjust colour provides various adjustments and to sharpen the image, too. And you can crop by using the cursor to draw a rectangle, then > Tools > Crop.
- You can also Rename the file, but I find that a very tedious way to do it.