Now to customise it to what I prefer - that is, the best of the old with the best of the new.
DropBoxIf you depend on DropBox, as I do, you will instantly see that your list of files has acquired a column of garish bright green ticks, indicating that DropBox has synchronised the file. What a horrible idea!
Here is how to get rid of this distracting feature. Thanks to the Apple user discussion, referencing this link: http://www.mrh.is/writing/about/how-to-get-rid-of-the-new-dropbox-checkmarks
- Download the latest DropBox app, from the DropBox website. Follow instructions to install it.
- Open your Applications folder and find the DropBox app.
- Right click on the DropBox app and select Show package contents.
- When the folder opens, click the down arrow to show the files and folders. Find Plugins and click to show what's in that.
- See garcon.appex and again, right click to Show package contents and open the Contents folder.
- Then in the Resources folder, click the down arrow to show the contents.
- You will see the offending green tick, named overlay-uptodate.icns
- Rename that file either by right clicking on it, or by clicking slowly, - I called it overlay-uptodate-old.icns .
- Close all those folders.